Sunday 29 August 2010

PUT THE THREAD DOWN AND WALK AWAY!

REPEATE AFTER ME YOU WILL PRATICE SELF CONTROL AND NOT LET LOOSE WITH SELF ABANDONMENTWITH THE THREAD!


I really want to get to the bottom of the Free Motion sewing technique....


I am totally entranced with this technique....the day disappears when I’m Free motioning!


Here’s the next instalments of my Surface Embellishment course....by the way this is still only lesson 1!


I DO have a very good reason...Ooohh yes there’s been trouble at mill here in Miss Dee’s home! And to think all I wanted was a new sink!!


Anyway back to the interesting stuff.....


The first photo is of my Leaf and Dragonfly which are attached to my window looking very realistic!
Looking at the leaf I should have put more veins on it. I found zigzagging hard to control and some of the main veins have lines of straight stitch showing...

However, I feel I did well on the control front with the fill in pattern on the Dragonfly wings. Gorgeous hey...gold thread on the wings and splodge dyed satin for the body.


What do you think?

The next photo is my attempts at Moss using a garnet stitch and various green plus variegated green.

Ha ha ha yes I'm afraid the moss is too thick!


If it feels stiff you have gone overboard (ME!) and it should be a bit drapey. It should feel soft but has good coverage, AND THEN it is perfect.

My ‘moss’ remains stiff even after thorough rinsing AND soaking over night! It’s too dense.

This photo shows a close up on the machine. And when I look at I think I should have stopped on the first layer of thread!!! Now I know!

I thought whilst I was away in Free Motion land oh this looks like an Island rather than moss! Still, part of my book has a treasure map so this will look perfect!

So I will curb the over working of thread and keeping control........will have to be done by me!!




As always please say Hi when you pass by!

No comments: