Wednesday 17 June 2009

Hot in the City! Part 2!

How beautiful is this little girl!
I was looking for something and found this picture (as you do!). She's dressed in one of my first attempts of dressmaking....as I remember there was a hat and she little red wellies (yes I know paddington bear!!)
I was very proud of my achievement!
When waiting at a bus stop one day an older lady remarked,
"Is'nt it lovely the things you can buy them these days"!!!!!!!
Arrh enough of memory lane!

Here's some more making stages of Hot in the City!

This was where I was up to last post. I still did not like it, it felt incohesive?!? Well scruffy! And I wanted it to glisten.
I played about a bit.
I know I wanted more gold mesh. I like the effects of the mesh on the gold organza rather than the burnt orange.
I also wanted to solidify the pattern which meant to me that bold strips across, going with the base fabric could bring it all together.


Then I pressed it like mad until it was pan flat!

Y0u know I was thinking that the fabric did look like a cityscape of roads and houses. I thought of the images when you see the car head lights in darkness moving at high speed.....a red glitsy thick embroidery yarn, couched with the orange thread was added....

The whole fabric got another pressing and it's time to cut out the bags peices...this is where I'm up to now!

What do you think?

Well this is where it's been up to for the past week as I'm waiting to purchase some magnetic bag clasps. I'm working on a oversized under the arm clutch bag with the larger section....I'll post pics of that next time...I think I really like it!!!!

So this is my life in my sewing world to date!

Don't forget if you stop by please say hello....'til next time take it easy and enjoy your moments,

Jacqui

No comments: